The root chakra or the Base Chakra
Some tips on balancing your Base Chakra.
Remember that base Chakra is our “base” our rootedness or grounded. This chakra is like or foundation and stability.
Ways we can heal our base chakra, here are some tricks:
- Walk around barefoot as much as you can
- Eat red foods such as strawberries, tomatoes, red peppers (capsicums), beetroot and add spices to your diet
- Set up a savings plan if you’re worried about finances( hence stability in every sense)
- Dance. Dance like nobody’s watching (be sure to move your hips!)
- Visualize red pouring into the area around your root chakra (the base of your spine)
- (and last but not least my favorite) meditating, or exercising in the form of yoga
The Base Chakra governs your relationships whether family friendship or other and feelings of survival, belonging, and guardedness. Your earliest memories are stored here, including whether or not your basic needs were met. When Muladhara is in balance, you feel strong and confident; you can stand up on your own two feet and take care of yourself.
So when doing yoga there is a particular pose that is used to help balance this chakra ( also remembering that when meditating, visualization is the key) and it is no coincidence that this pose is used to create strength, self control and balance. It is also symbolic of stability. The pose is called Vrksasana (tree pose)
· Stand with your feet hip-width apart, creating a stable base.
· Draw the sole of your right foot to the inside of your left inner thigh or calf;
· Hold for 5 breaths, and switch sides.
· Allow gravity to root you down
Crystals that may be used to meditate: Bloodstone, Ruby, Garnet, Agate, Smoky Quartz, Hematite
Scents: Cedar, Clove, Myrrh